2016 Homecoming: Reunion and Family Weekend
Aug. 31, 2016
Webster University alumni, parents, students, family, friends and the community are invited to the Webster Groves campus for Homecoming: Reunion & Parents Weekend on Sept. 23 – 24, 2016.
Scheduled events include the Garden Glow, various receptions, the annual flag football game and tailgate, alumni reunions and gallery exhibits. New events added this year, include:
- Shop, Rock & Glow Festival: Art booths and live performances are part of this expansion of the popular Garden Glow opening reception. Featuring alumni, student, faculty and staff vendors, this event will showcase why Webster rocks!
- Siblings Night Drop-off: Siblings (ages 14-18) are invited to join their older brother or sister on campus to discover what college life is like at Webster. They will sleep in the dorms, eat in Marletto’s and enjoy the rest of the weekend’s activates.
- Yoga on the Quad: Gladys Smith, assistant director of the Counseling & Life Development Office is leading a free yoga class on the Quad. Please bring your own mat and bottle of water.
Prior to the Garden Glow on Friday, Sept, 23, the newest members of the Student Life Hall of Fame will be inducted in a ceremony in the East Academic Building. Honorees include:
- Karen Luebbert, BA ‘64
- Adam Neal, BA ‘02
- Angela Murphy
Click here to read more information about the newest inductees to the Student Life Hall of Fame.
The Homecoming Dinner & Dance will take place on Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. at the Luhr Building on Eden Seminary Grounds. Webster’s Alumni Award winners include:
- Loretto Award, Mary Ann Wyrsch, BA ‘65
- Mary Elizabeth Newell Loyalty Award, Stefano Cantini, BA ’92, MA ‘94
- Young Alumni Award, Kacey Hampton, BA ‘11
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Maarten de Boer, BA ‘00
Click here to read more information about the Alumni Award winners.
For a full schedule of events and to RSVP, visit the Alumni website.