Construction Update April 10, 2017
Apr. 10, 2017
This is a regular update of the construction work for Browning Hall, Interdisciplinary Science Building and the Parking Garage expansion on the home campus of Webster University in Webster Groves, Missouri:
Browning Hall, the Interdisciplinary Science Building is on track to be completed shortly after the Fourth of July holiday break. If there are no unforeseen delays, major equipment will start to move in to Browning Hall by mid-July. This will include the relocation of large and small pieces of lab equipment and all the chemicals currently in Webster Hall. On a similar note, the University is working with faculty and Spellman Brady & Company to finalize what furniture will be purchased for Browning Hall, including upholstery finishes. The University is also engaged in procuring new lab equipment. Watch this space for a future announcement about the furniture.
Other Browning Hall developments:
- The installation of rock and storm piping in the new courtyard should be completed in the next few days.
- The five new trees will be planted in the new courtyard within the next week.
- Work on the new sidewalk on the roof of the lecture hall will start by the end of next week.
- Crews continue to install interior glass walls, drywall, flooring and acoustical ceiling tiles. That work will continue for several weeks.
- Brick veneer continues to be installed. That work is expected to last through the end of April.
- Work on the installation of the freight elevator continues and is expected to be completed by mid-April. The passenger elevator will be installed in April through May.
Work on the Parking Garage continues, and the project is on schedule to be open by the end of the month. As a reminder, the ribbon cutting originally scheduled for April 20 has been cancelled, due to a delivery delay that prevented the garage from opening that day. Watch this space for an exact date for when students, faculty and staff can start parking in the new extension.
For more information about the on-campus construction, visit webster.edu/construction.