Construction Update Feb 23 2017
Feb. 23, 2017
This is a regular update of the construction work for Browning Hall (the Interdisciplinary Science Building) and the Parking Garage expansion on the home campus of Webster University in Webster Groves, Missouri:
The Tower Crane was successfully dismantled and shipped to Texas last weekend. During the four-day process, residents who live around Webster University came to campus and watched as the workers took the crane down. This week, the two biggest Browning Hall tasks are the installation of the freight elevator, the start of the excavation for storm water pipes, and the removal of excavated earth related to the storm water piping work. The excavation for the storm water piping is expected to last through 2nd next week in March. The freight elevator was delivered earlier this week and the installation is expected to last through the third week of March.
In other actions at Browning Hall:
- Electrical conduit will be installed in the new courtyard next week. That work is expected to last through the end of the week..
- Crews will continue to install interior glass walls and acoustical ceiling tiles through the second week of March.
- Flooring is being installed on the first floor starting next week. That work will expand to all four floors by the end of March.
- Brick veneer continues to be installed. That work is expected to last through the first week of April.
- Work on the installation of the passenger elevator continues and is expected to be completed within the next two weeks.
- Drywall continues to be installed on all four floors. That work is expected to continue through the end of March.
At the Parking garage, the last bays of the garage will start to go up next week. Work crews also will put the finishing touches on the new stair tower. In other garage work:
- The slab on grade for the north half of the project is scheduled to be poured on Friday, March 3.
- The plumbers have been setting drains throughout the garage in anticipation of the pour strips on the decks starting next week. Piping will follow immediately after.
- The new garage lights are being activated.
For more information about the on-campus construction, visit webster.edu/construction.