Webster's United Way Campaign Underway
Sep. 17, 2015
From the United Way Planning Committee:
Webster University's 40-year partnership with the United Way of Greater St. Louis continues another year, thanks to the remarkable generosity of our employees.
Look for an email sent directly to your webster.edu email address from "epledge." Remember that once your donation is made, you will no longer receive further notification and will be entered into the weekly drawing to win one of several prizes.
As you contemplate your donation this year, know that the United Way partner agencies in the region are thoroughly vetted in a formalized review process ensuring your contributions are responsibly managed and maximized to make the best possible difference in the community. Consider that eight agencies, just outside our offices and classrooms, need our help and share the University's zip code.
As part of this year's campaign, new prize winners will be drawn each Friday beginning Sept. 18 and will be announced in Webster Today. Prizes to be awarded include:
- GoPro Hero4 with built-in touch displaySony wireless headphones with a 150 ft. transmission range, three transmission channels and rechargeable batteries
- Fitbit Charge-HR continuous heart rate and activity tracker that syncs to your smartphone or computer
- Stainless steel, dishwasher safe Hamilton Beach Flexbrew coffee maker that makes either a single serving from grounds or a pod
- Bose SoundLink with Bluetooth lasting up to eight hours and a rechargeable lithium battery
- SuperSonic 7” touchscreen Android 4.4 OS dual core processor tablet with front and rear cameras, 8GB storage and built-tin WiFi
- 15-piece Farberware cookware set that includes covered saucepans, covered dutch oven, skillets, slotted turner, spoon and more
- Copy of Historic St. Louis, "250 Years Exploring New Frontiers" by J. Frederick Fausz, Ph.D.
- Hand-carved Century Tree pen, handcrafted by CFO Greg Gunderson
- Limited or special edition John Pils poster of Webster Hall
- One dozen Nike NEW Power Distance Long golf balls
While visiting the campaign contribution page, we invite you to explore the "Impact Calculator" located on the left in the main menu. The tool allows you to enter your contribution and view the tangible effects it can have on the people in need that these UW organizations serve. The bottom line is that your contribution matters regardless of size.