Gorlok Greats: WSA Announces New Staff Recognition Program
Jan. 20, 2016
Webster Staff Alliance announces a new employee recognition program: The Gorlok Greats Award will recognize staff members whose achievements, whether an individual act or sustained effort of exemplary service, relate to Webster University strategies and support the University’s values and mission.
Nominations will open twice a year, with up to six awardees per nomination term.
Staff members who meet the criteria for an award demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Contribute to University Mission, Values, and Goals
- Positively influence others in working towards departmental or organizational objectives
- Invest time and effort in coaching and/or mentoring
- Develop innovative solutions to business challenges
- Team effort and peer collaboration
- Approach problems as opportunities for growth and learning
- Achieve a desired outcome despite adversity (e.g. limited resources, time constraint)
- Consistently provide high quality, reliable and critical work that, if undone, would halt highly visible operations
- Demonstrate a steady willingness to improve work operations and does so without prompting or fanfare
Nominations will be open twice a year, Jan. 1 - March 15, and Aug. 1 - Oct. 15. There will be up to six awardees per nomination term. The awardees will receive $500 cash award or equivalent to international campuses, recognized during the annual Faculty & Staff Appreciation Breakfast, and will be featured in Webster Today and the WSA Newsletter.
Nominations are currently open. If you know a coworker or staff member who you believe is worthy of this award, take a few minutes and nominate him or her. Let them know you appreciate all they do.
For more information about this program, contact Blerina Polovina, WSA membership chair, at 314-246-7860 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.