Mindful Miles Marathon Finishes Strong with 96% Completion Rate
May. 5, 2016
The 2016 Mindful Miles Marathon wrapped up on Wednesday, April 27. The wellness challenge had a total of 109 participants consisting of 80 staff members, 14 faculty members and 15 students. The total miles achieved from the group's participation reached 9,682, an increase from last year’s total miles of 8,521.
Participants achieved these miles through various methods such as walking, running, bicycling, hiking, swimming and more. The 2016 Mindful Miles Marathon had a 96 percent completion rate, meaning 105 out of the 109 participants completed the entire marathon of 26.2 miles over the course of six weeks.
Overall, the highest miles recorded was 1,024 miles with an average of 88 miles per participant. Participants achieved these miles through various methods such as walking, running, bicycling, hiking, swimming and more.
On behalf of Webster Wellness, Webster Staff Alliance, Gorlok Fitness Club and Mindful
by Sodexo, congratulations and way to go!
The eleven winners of the random prize drawings are listed below:
- Heather Arora (Staff), FitBit
- Nancy Bender (Staff), FitBit
- Paul Carney (Staff), Sports Headset
- Gabbie Halley (Staff), Sport Bracelet
- Masha Kinley (Student), Sports Headset
- Alex Lubbe (Student), FitBit
- Kathryn Luster (Staff), Juicer
- Kate Pitman (Staff), Sports Bracelet
- Margie Prader (Staff), Sports Bracelet
- Kathleen Stevens (Student), FitBit
- Sara Wagner (Staff), FitBit