Bike, Swim, Run to Wellness with 1st Annual Indoor "Try"-athlon
Jan. 25, 2017
Webster Wellness has organized its first annual "Try-athlon" to be held April 17-23 in the University Pool and Fitness Center for new and veteran triathlon participants.
Part of its spring “wellness challenge” event, this is for anyone in the Webster University community interested in competing, a challenge or just for seeking new ways to move more and gain new heights.
To help prepare and engage in this event, workshops will be available for participants who want support for any of the three events (swim, bike, run). Workshop participants will get tricks and tips for training, outside resources and on-going help from our champion advisors Ryan Elliot, Myrna Homm and Julie “JP” Palmer.
Just Try: All are Welcome
- We want you to emphasize TRYING (all experience levels welcomed)
- We want to make it possible for you to achieve your personal wellness goals
- It doesn’t matter if you run the entire 2 miles or walk the entire race, but it does matter that you at least “TRY”
If you don’t want to participate alone or just simply want to make it more fun: join a team (teams can be assigned, as well).
- Swim: 400 yards
- Bike: 10 miles
- Run: 2 miles
- Individual “All in a day”: individual entrants complete all three events at one time (by appointment)
- Individual one week format: individual entrants complete all three events in one week
- Team: two or three individuals register as a team and complete their event(s) in one day (by appointment) or over the week
Register online between Feb. 1 and March 31:
Note: The original registration deadline of Feb. 28 has been extended to March 31.
All workshops will meet in the University Center Conference Room:
- Swim - Tuesday, Feb. 7, noon
- Bike - Friday, Feb. 10, noon
- Run - Monday, Feb. 13, noon
Questions? Contact email@example.com.