'Webster University: 100 Years' Documentary Now Online at Nine Network
Oct. 12, 2015
The Nine Network documentary "Webster University: 100 Years," which aired on the St. Louis PBS affiliate in September and October, is now viewable on the Nine Network website.
Produced by Nine Network's Patrick Murphy, himself a Webster alumnus and Webster Groves resident, the film traces the University's community impact through the decades leading up to the centennial, and highlights the vision for its second century.
The film includes rarely seen archival footage and interviews with Webster leaders, Sisters of Loretto, historians and community members who witnessed Webster's transformation.
View a trailer for the film below and watch the full 26-minute documentary at the Nine Network website.
Among the interviewees appearing in the film:
- Tom Cooper, co-author, “Images of America: Webster Groves”
- Annie Stevens, S.L., adjunct faculty, Webster University
- Beth Stroble, president, Webster University
- Barbara Ann Barbato, S.L., professor emeritus, Webster University
- Elizabeth Robb, alumna and Webster University Centennial Chair
- Peter Sargent, dean, Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts
- Frank Jacobs, former Webster board member
- Julian Schuster, provost, senior vice president, chief operating officer, Webster University
- Nicole Roach, associate vice president of Diversity and Inclusion, Community Engagement, Webster University
- Steven Woolf, artistic director, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis
- Gerry Welch, mayor of Webster Groves
- Timothy O’Leary, general director, Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
- Donald Suggs, former board member, community leader