Conservatory Faculty, Students Active in Summer Theatre Season
Jul. 29, 2016
After performing in Webster's seven-show season and alongside professional actors and directors at the St. Louis Repertory Theatre, students and faculty in the Conservatory of Theatre Arts remain quite active in summer with professional theaters across the country.
Here is a sampling of their activities this summer:
Goodspeed Opera House:
Austen Danielle Bohmer (Class of 2017), with understudy Kim MacAfee / Swing in Bye Bye Birdie.
Arrow Rock Lyceum Theatre:
- Jacob Scott (Class of 2017): 1776 as The Courier with alumnus Dakota Mackey-McGee.
- Bailey Jordan Reeves (Class of 2016): Murder on the Nile
The Muny in Forest Park, St. Louis:
- Wizard of Oz: Jacob Scott (Class of 2017) ensemble, with alumni Michael Baxter in the ensemble and Leah Berry as Glinda
- Fiddler On The Roof: Sarah Goldrainer (Class of 2016), ensemble
- The Music Man: Alumni Ben Nordstrom and Michael Fling
- Young Frankenstein:Jacob Lacopo
- Mamma Mia: Ben Nordstrom
Connecticut Repertory Theatre:
- West Side Story: Liam Johnson (Class of 2017)
Max & Louie Productions:
Madeleine Purches (Class of 2017) as Grey Gardens in Young Little Edie with vocal faculty member Debby Lennon.
Shakespeare Festival STL:
Many contributed to the festival's production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream:
- Twins Ryan Alexander Jacobs and Austin Glenn Jacobs (Class of 2016), Puck
- Cassia Thompson (Class of 2016), Hermia
- Jay Stalder (Class of 2017), Flute / Thisbe
- Raina Houston (Class of 2016), Mustardseed
- Gabriela Diaz (Class of 2016), Peaseblossom
- Myke Andrews (Class of 2017) Cobweb
- Alumnus Jerry Vogel, Moonshine
Conservatory professor Rick Dildine was artistic director of the festival, and Melaina Ricks (Class of 2017) was assistant director.
Other Conservatory faculty in the festival included Dottie Marshall Englis, who annually does the costume design, as well as John Wylie (lighting), Rusty Wandall (sound), and Paul Denhart (choreographer/stage combat).
Barrington Stage Company
- Leah Wiener (Class of 2018) in Broadway Bounty Hunter, Swing
Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera:
Brooke Viegut (Class of 2018) was directing assistant on the productions of Damn Yankees, AIDA, South Pacific, and SHREK: The Musical.
Insight Theatre Company:
- Company featured Bailey Jordan Reeves (Class of 2016) as April, Cher Alvarez (Class of 2016) as Jenny, and was directed by Conservatory professor Doug Finlayson.
- Inherit The Wind included Sigrid Wise (Class of 2017) as Rachel Brown as well as Michael Ferguson (Class of 2018), Matthew Luyber (Class of 2017), and Kyle Twomey (Class of 2016).
- The Last 5 Years included Brenna Noble (Class of 2017) as Cathy and Mitchell Ferguson (Class of 2016) as Jamie.
- Rock of Ages included Brenna Noble (Class of 2017) as Sherrie, Jeannie Moffitt (Class of 2016) as Regina and Mitchell Ferguson (Class of 2016) as Dennis Dupree.
Additional production companies with Webster participation included:
- The Public - NYC
- Shakespeare Theatre St. Louis with the Pulitzer Museum
- Telsey + Company
- Opera Theatre of St. Louis
- Union Avenue Opera
- Cincinnati Opera
- Drury Lane Theatre
- Timberlake Playhouse
- Texas Musical Theatre Workshop
- Theatre Under The Stars
- Bigfork Summer Playhouse
- Maples Repertory Theatre
- Limerence Theatre Company
- Stages St. Louis
- Little Theatre on the Square
- Hope Summer Repertory Theatre
Check out the Alumni page on the Conservatory site for more information from alumni of Webster University's Conservatory of Theatre Arts.