Call for Papers: Philosophy of Management International Conference at Webster; Submissions due Feb. 22
Jan. 4, 2017
Webster University will host the 12th annual Philosophy of Management International Conference at the Gateway Campus in downtown St. Louis on July 13-16.
Sponsored by the journal Philosophy of Management, the conference is normally held at Oxford University’s St. Anne’s College; this will be the second conference hosted in the U.S since 2014 at DePaul University in Chicago.
It will be of special interest to philosophers, management researchers, management teachers and students, practicing managers, and consultants. The conference includes presentation and discussion of papers, interaction and feedback, networking opportunities and informal conversations.
Special guest will be Patricia Werhane of the Wicklander chair of Business Ethics emerita, DePaul University; and Ruffin professor emerita at the Darden School of Business, University of Virginia.
Call for Submissions
Papers may address any area in which philosophy and management intersect, from any cultural or philosophical tradition. Submissions [PDF] are due by Feb. 22.
The conference is open to all, but participation will be limited to 75 attendees.
Meals and refreshments at or near the conference site are included in the registration fee.
Important conference dates:
- Wednesday, Feb. 22: Submission of a short paper, 1,000 to 2,000 words to email@example.com
- Wednesday, March 22: Notice of paper acceptance
- Monday, May 15: Deadline for early bird registration of $300 (full price is $350). Full-time students with valid ID and Webster University alumni are $150. Click here to register.
- Thursday, June 1: Deadline to submit full paper
- Thursday, July 13: Conference begins, followed by opening cocktail reception and dinner
- Monday, July 17: Conference ends