Biological Sciences Seniors to Present Thesis Research Topics May 8-9
April 30, 2019
Seniors in the Biological Sciences department will present their thesis research topics to faculty May 8-9. The Webster community is invited to attend. The showcase will be in Browning Hall Auditorium (ISB 160).
The schedule of presentations is listed below.
Session 1: May 8 at 9 a.m.
- Angelica Fernando - Determining the Thermal Expansion within Nontraditional Hydrogen Bonded Co-Crystals
- Hayley French - Compare the Effects of Eucalyptus Oil Extract (complete) and Eucalyptol (purified) on Lung Cancer Cells
- Ahmet Hasanovic - The Effects of Sevoflurane on PP2A in Differentiated PC12 Cells
- Jordan Benton - The Effects of Non-Alcoholic Beer vs. Gatorade on the Recovery of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness in Endurance Athletes After a Strenuous Endurance Exercise
Session 2: May 8 at 11:30 a.m.
- Anna Grobelny - Achieving Regioselective [2+2] Cycloaddition Reaction within Pure and Mixed Organic Co-crystals
- Peter Conowall - Use of L. Minor for the Bioremediation of Toxic Monomers Styrene and Bisphenol-A
- Fatima Jahic - Color Vision in the Western Harvester Ant, Pogonomyrmex occidentalis
- Elizabeth Helton - Effect of Oil-Eating Microbes on Petroleum-Derived Hydrocarbons
Session 3: May 8 at 2 p.m.
- Alyssa Carter - Measuring the effects of Roundup® on two model organisms: Vibrio fischeri and Tetrahymena pyriformis
- Devin McMiller - The Effects of a 6 Week Tabata Interval Protocol versus a 30 sec on/30 sec off Airdyne Bike Interval Training Protocol on Body Composition
- Kris Hickman - The Effects of Sevoflurane on Tau Protein in Differentiated PC12 Cells
- Meredith Harrison - Host Specificity of Bacteriophages from Webster University
Session 4: May 9 at 10 a.m.
- Fayeshun Brown - Utilizing Halogen Bonds to Achieve [2+2] Cycloadditions in the Organic Solid State
- Ryan Stanley - Gene Expression of Pogonomyrmex occidentalis Ants in Response to RoundUp Exposure
- Conner Wardlaw - The Effects of Propreoceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Versus Static Stretching on Glenohumeral Joint Range of Motion
- Danielle Valli - Climate Change in Union, MO: Implications for Flowering Phenology
- Keegan Sheahan - Changes in the Nest Building Activity of Western Harvester Ants Exposed to Epigenetic Drugs
Session 5: May 9 at 1 p.m.
- Charles McGhee - The Effects of Growth on Probiotics in Common Oils
- Ruben Gonzalez - The Effects of Anesthetics on Plant Action Potential
- Joseph Chibnall - Ant Navigational Systems
- Thomas Quintero - The Effect of POEA on Western Harvester Ant Food Preferences and Consumption