Faculty Conversation Series: Supporting trans and non-binary students
March 22, 2019
All faculty, students, and staff are invited to the next session of the Equity and Access Faculty Conversation Series.
This session will focus on supporting trans and non-binary students and will be held March 28, from 12-1 p.m. in the Faculty Development Center Suite (Library 420).
This session continues a series of monthly gatherings to discuss crucial issues of justice and inclusion in higher education, with the goal of helping all Webster students achieve their academic goals.
The March session will focus on practical steps faculty and staff can take to make Webster a more inclusive space for our trans and non-binary students. A group of faculty and students will facilitate our discussion together. Participants will learn inclusive teaching strategies and will have the chance to ask questions.
Facilitators will include:
- Amanda Kracen, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Psychology
- Kate Parsons, Professor, Dept. of Philosophy
- Julie Setele, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Anthropology & Sociology
- Webster University students
RSVP here if you plan to attend, as pizza will be served. Students are more than welcome to attend.
Any community feedback or suggestions for further sessions can be communicated on the RSVP form. Please email Liza Dister , faculty development coordinator, with any questions.
Spring Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held from 1-2 p.m. in the Faculty Development Center Suite (Emerson Library 420).
- Apr. 12 - Supporting Students with Autism, with facilitators Morgan Grotewiel, Dept. of Psychology, and John Aleshunas, Dept. of Math & Computer Science