Gorlok Greats Nominations for Spring 2019
February 25, 2019
Created by Webster Staff Alliance, the Gorlok Greats Award recognizes staff members whose achievements, whether an individual act or sustained effort of exemplary service, relate to Webster University strategies and support the University’s values and mission.
Do you know a deserving staff member who meets the criteria for the Gorlok Greats award? There are up to six awardees for each nomination term.
Criteria for Recognition
- Contribute to University Mission, Values and Goals
- Positively influence others in working towards departmental or organizational objectives
- Invest time and effort in coaching and/or mentoring
- Develop innovative solutions to business challenges
- Team effort and peer collaboration
- Approach problems as opportunities for growth and learning
- Achieve a desired outcome despite adversity (e.g. limited resources, time constraint)
- Consistently provide high quality, reliable and critical work that, if undone, would halt highly visible operations
- Demonstrate a steady willingness to improve work operations and does so without prompting or fanfare
- Nominations may be submitted by staff, faculty, and students of Webster University for any staff member
- This award is open to staff at all campuses, including international campuses
- Nominations are open Jan. 15-March 1 and Aug. 15-Sept. 30.
- There will be up to 6 awardees for each nomination period
Methods of Recognition
- $500 cash award or equivalent at international campuses
- Special recognition of all Gorlok Great awardees at the annual Faculty & Staff Appreciation Breakfast
- Awardees will be recognized in WebsterToday and the WSA Newsletter
- Nominees will be recognized in the WSA Newsletter and on the WSA Facebook page