2020 Messing Faculty Award Application Period Open
September 03, 2019
The Office of the Provost and the Office of Academic Affairs are now accepting applications for the 2020 Wilma and Roswell Messing, Jr. Faculty Award.
Every year since 1977, the Messing Faculty Award has been presented to a full-time faculty member for international summer activity that strengthens the curriculum of the faculty member’s department or improves the teaching/learning relationship. The award will fund international travel and activities in Summer 2020.
The deadline for applications is Friday, Nov. 1 by 5 p.m. For more information, view the full 2020 Wilma and Roswell Messing, Jr. Faculty Award call for proposals.
Submit proposals electronically to the Messing Award Selection Committee. You will receive an email confirmation of your submission.
- Permanent, full-time Webster University faculty member
- Faculty in probationary period are encouraged
- Faculty completing or beginning a year of sabbatical or faculty development leave are not eligible
Submit a proposal including:
- A description of the project, including an international travel component
- A proposed timeline and itinerary for the project and travel
- Projected outcomes of the project
- A detailed budget
Proposals advancing the mission, vision, and values or Webster University are strongly encouraged
The following will not be considered: Proposals for individual creative activity; proposals for funding of work toward an advanced degree or for the completion of a doctoral dissertation