Alumna Named Nurse of the Year
October 14, 2015
Faculty members from the departments of Nursing and Nurse Anesthesia in the College of Arts & Sciences attended the March of Dimes Missouri Chapter’s Nurse of the Year gala on Oct. 10, in support of six Webster faculty, students, and alumna nominated for this year’s Nurse of the Year Awards.
Webster alumna Barbara Sicking won the 2015 Nurse of the Year Award in the Pediatrics category. Sicking graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from Webster in 2009.
Webster community members nominated included:
- Lori Winkler, SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital; current Webster student – Case Management, Public/Occupational Health category finalist
- Jenny Broeder, Webster University; Interim Co-Dean of College of Arts & Sciences Division of Professional Programs, Chair and Professor of nursing – Education category finalist
- Carlita Vasser, At Home Care St. Louis; Webster alumna – Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care, Long Term Acute Care category finalist
- Julie Binder, Mercy Hospital – St. Louis; Webster alumna – Infection Control & Quality/Risk Management category finalist
- Robyn Weilbacher, Mercy Hospital – St. Louis; Webster alumna – Nursing Administration category finalist
- Barbara Sicking, Mercy Hospital – St. Louis; Webster alumna – Pediatrics category winner
Read the full story at the College of Arts & Sciences blog, Global Thinking.