Seven Communications Students Win St. Louis Press Club Scholarships
May 20, 2020
The St. Louis Press Club with the St. Louis Journalism Foundation has awarded scholarships totaling $20,500 to the region’s outstanding communication students.
Seven of these 15 scholarships were awarded to Webster University School of Communications students.
These scholarship winners come from all over the St. Louis region, and this year an international student from Vietnam was among Webster's scholarship winners.
Webster University Scholarship Recipients
- Micah Barnes of O’Fallon, Missouri, received the $2,500 St. Louis Post-Dispatch and St. Louis Press Club Ronald W. Wade Journalism Scholarship.
- Phuong Bui of Vietnam received the $1,500 St. Louis Press Club Karlheinz and Doris Finzel Photojournalism Scholarship.
- Charlotte Renner of Jefferson City, Missouri, received the $1,500 St. Louis Press Club Donald R. Burris Journalism Scholarship.
- Elizabeth Gerger of St. Charles, Missouri, received the $1,000 St. Louis Press Club Internship Scholarship.
- Jewellyn Wood of Arnold, Missouri, received the $500 Missouri Professional Communicators Journalism Foundation Scholarship.
- Jenna Jones of O’Fallon, Missouri, received the $1,500 Fleishman Hillard Journalism Foundation Scholarship.
- Jennifer Sarti of Maplewood, Missouri, received the $1,000 Times Newspapers and Webster University Journalism Foundation Scholarship.