Spring Faculty Institute 2017: 'Enrollment to Retention' April 7
March 23, 2017
This year’s Spring Faculty Institute, around the theme, "A Holistic Approach: From Student Interest to Enrollment to Retention,” will take place Friday, April 7, 2:30-6:30 p.m. in Sunnen Lounge.
The goal of the event is to develop further institutional awareness among the faculty about the process of securing student enrollment and seeing them through to graduation.
The faculty and staff from undergraduate and graduate programs will speak about online learning, their successes and challenges in recruiting and retaining students.
Schedule of Events
2:30-3 p.m. Arrivals/Registration
- Gary Renz, Senate president
- Carol Guehring, Senate administrator
3:10 -3:20 p.m.
- Terri F. Reilly, Senate coordinator
- Basiyr Rodney, Senate vice president
3:20-3:35 p.m. Keynote Address: “The Overall Process: How and Where Do We Find and Recruit Students?”
- Rob Parrent, vice president for Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
3:40-4:30 p.m. Panel
Part I "From Student Interest to Enrollment"
- Wonjee Beh, counselor of Graduate Admissions
- Hasmik Chakaryan, assistant professor
- Debbie McWilliams, manager of Online Student Admissions
- Debbie Psihountas, professor
- Chris Sagovac, associate professor
4:30-4:50 p.m. Break with Hors d'oeuvres
4:50-5:40 p.m. Panel
Part II “From Enrollment to Retention”
- Justin Barton, director FYE/UG persistence
- Erin Bullerdieck, Transition coordinator
5:40-6 p.m. Closing Remarks and
Reflection with Faculty Comments
6-6:30 p.m. Social .5 Hour with Bar + Dessert + Conversation