Starfish Training Opportunities, Fall 2019
August 30, 2019
The Academic Resource Center and the Student Success Portal have a variety of trainings scheduled throughout September and October.
These trainings will cover a variety of topics throughout the year, starting with an introduction to Starfish on Sept. 3 and 4 where you can learn tips on navigating the system's features for teachers and students.
Come learn how to leverage this tool to help you enhance your relationships with students and motivate them to persevere and succeed in your courses.
Each of the training sessions will be presented both in person and via WebEx. Click on the date below to add the event to your calendar.
- Welcome to Starfish - Overview: Sept. 3, 3-4 p.m. or Sept. 4, 11 a.m-noon.
- Leveraging Starfish to Support Active Learning: Sept. 9, 4-5 p.m. or Sept. 10, 12-1 p.m.
- Academic Integrity: Helping Students Write Their Own Futures: Sept. 12, 3-4 p.m.
- ARC Tutoring Program and Writing Center Overview: Sept. 16, 2-3 p.m. or Oct. 7, 2-3 p.m.
- Improving Student Success Using Starfish Flags and Referrals: Sept. 25, 10-11 a.m.
- Narrowing the Funnel Using Starfish Filters: Oct. 2, 12-1 p.m.
- Understanding the ADA Accommodations Process: Oct. 30, 2-3 p.m.