Webster Teaching Festival 2019 Call for Proposals
November 02, 2018
The Teaching Festival Committee is now accepting proposals for presentations and posters for the 2019 Teaching Festival. The Teaching Festival will be held the week of February 11, 2019, and proposals will be accepted until January 9.
Co-presenting with colleagues and with students is encouraged, and all proposals are welcome! All Webster instructors, part-time and full-time, are invited to participate. You are also invited to review past Teaching Festival projects by visiting here.
- Teaching for inclusion and equity
- Strategies for supporting student success
- Active learning and collaborative learning strategies
- Reflection and metacognitive activities that help deepen student learning
- Fostering student ownership of learning and supporting student motivation to learn
- Assessment and continuous improvement of teaching
- Creative and collaborative technology that enhances student learning
- Experiential learning opportunities and high-impact practices
Proposals will be accepted until January 9, 2019. Proposals will include the presenter’s name, a title of your proposed project, and a short project description (200 words max). Submit your proposal using the link here.
For questions about the event or for assistance developing your proposal, please contact Liza Dister, Faculty Development Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The Teaching Festival is sponsored by the Faculty Development Center in partnership with the Academic Resource Center, the Online Learning Center, and the University Library.