2019 Teaching Festival Schedule Announced
January 28, 2019
The entire campus community is invited to participate in Webster’s yearly Teaching Festival, to be held Feb. 12-14. This year’s Teaching Festival will feature presentations and panel discussions by Webster faculty, students, and staff. Participants are encouraged to RSVP here for sessions they would like to attend.
Highlights of the week’s activities include:
- Active learning and collaborative learning strategies that motivate students
- Experiential learning sessions: student and faculty panels about experiential projects, such as a recent visit to the U.S.-Mexico Border to assist asylum seekers Student perspectives on learning and inclusion: views on effective classroom environments, helping faculty navigate trans* and non-binary student needs
- Supporting student success: using metacognitive strategies to enhance student learning, what faculty and staff can do to support student retention
Teaching Festival Schedule
- Feb. 12, 9-9:30 a.m. Active Learning Strategies with Annotation, Note-taking, and Flash Cards Library Conference Room, Library 120
- Feb. 12, 9:30-10 a.m. Creative Strategies to Increase Student Learning & Engagement Library Conference Room, Library 120
- Feb. 12, 10-10:30 a.m. Student-Generated Practice Test Questions: Does Quantity Matter? Library Conference Room, Library 120
- Feb. 12, 12-1 p.m. Student Views on Effective Classroom Learning Environments (Pizza lunch) Library Conference Room, Library 120
- Feb. 12, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Outside the Box: Student-Led Experiential Learning at Webster Library Conference Room, Library 120
- Feb. 12, 3-4 p.m. Active Learning Open Lab Active Learning Classroom, Sverdrup 119
- Feb. 14, 9-10 a.m. Telling Stories of Our Work along the U.S. Border Library Conference Room, Library 120
- Feb. 14, 11-12 p.m. University Transformation with Student Success Data Library Conference Room, Library 120
- Feb. 14, 12-1 p.m. Pronouns in the Classroom: Navigating Trans* and Non-binary Student Needs (Pizza lunch) Library Conference Room, Library 120
RSVP and Full Program
RSVP by clicking here! A pizza lunch will be served at noon sessions, so RSVPs are greatly appreciated.
A complete program of activities can be found on the 2019 Teaching Festival page.
The Teaching Festival is brought to you by the Faculty Development Center, the Academic Resource Center, the Online Learning Center, and the University Libraries. For more information, please contact Liza Dister, Faculty Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.