Testing Center Offers A Distraction-Reduced Environment for Students
September 28, 2020
Webster University’s Testing Center (recently remodeled and part of the Academic Resource Center in Loretto Hall Room 40 on the Webster Groves campus) provides a distraction-reduced environment for students to test outside the classroom. We offer this service free to students taking Webster course exams or Webster-based placement tests; we charge a $25 proctor fee to students taking non-Webster exams (such as CLEP, DSST, or correspondence courses for another institution).
We cannot offer proctoring services for in-class exams or administer bulk exams (five or more students in the same class at the same time) in the Testing Center.
During the Fall 2020 semester, the Testing Center’s hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays and noon to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- To contact the instructor for approval to test outside of class or to notify the instructor that the student has the right to test in a distraction-reduced environment as part of their accommodations under ADA.
- To make an appointment with the Testing Center at least 24 hours in advance of the desired appointment (preferably more). Students can call (314) 246-8225, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To notify the instructor of the date and time by which the test needs to arrive at the Testing Center. (We will also go through the department to notify the instructor once the appointment has been made if we do not already have the test in our possession).
- To arrive on time for the testing appointment, carrying some form of photo ID (required, no exceptions will be made) and any books/notes required for the test. We provide paper, writing implements, and even calculators if the instructor has specified they are to be used on the test.
Additional Testing Center Policies
- Cell phones, smartwatches, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing rooms.
- If students have approved ADA accommodations with the Academic Resource Center, their accommodations will be honored during their testing. Please make sure to notify the Testing Center staff of the specific applicable accommodations when making an appointment.
- Academic integrity is an integral part of the Testing Center functionality. To help ensure these standards, the Testing Center does not accept students' homework assignments, late work, or take-home exams/work and does not collect work to be distributed back to students. Additionally, students may not personally bring their exams to the Testing Center. These policies protect the academic integrity of the Testing Center.
For testing questions or for more information, please call the Testing Center at (314) 246-8225.