Two Additional Gorlok Greats Awardees, Last Chance to Nominate a Staff Member
September 22, 2020
The deadline to nominate a staff member for the Gorlok Greats Award is almost here. This semester, two additional awardees will be selected for a total number of eight Gorlok Great Awards for Fall 2020. Nominations will be accepted through Sept. 30. Don't delay, take a moment to recognize the outstanding efforts of a staff member who you feel has done an exemplary job in one or more of the areas outlined below.
Criteria for Recognition
- Contribute to University Mission, Values and Goals.
- Positively influence others in working towards departmental or organizational objectives.
- Invest time and effort in coaching and/or mentoring.
- Develop innovative solutions to business challenges.
- Team effort and peer collaboration.
- Approach problems as opportunities for growth and learning.
- Achieve a desired outcome despite adversity (e.g. limited resources, time constraint).
- Consistently provide high quality, reliable and critical work that, if undone, would halt highly visible operations.
- Demonstrate a steady willingness to improve work operations and does so without prompting or fanfare.
- Nominations may be submitted by staff, faculty, and students of Webster University for any staff member. (Individuals who have been awarded a Gorlok Greats Award are ineligible to receive additional Gorlok Greats Awards).
- This award is open to staff at all campuses, including international campuses.
- Nominations are open Jan. 15-March 1 and Aug. 15-Sept. 30.
- There will be up to 8 awardees for each nomination period.
Methods of Recognition
- $500 cash award or equivalent at international campuses.
- Special recognition of all Gorlok Great awardees at the annual Faculty and Staff Appreciation Breakfast.
- Awardees will be recognized in WebsterToday and the WSA Newsletter.
- Nominees will be recognized in the WSA Newsletter and on the WSA Facebook page.