UC Priority Scheduling Now Open for 2019-2020
January 31, 2019
The University Center is now taking Priority Scheduling requests for the 2019-2020 academic year. All requests are due Friday, Feb. 22 at 12 p.m. This process is for events scheduled in the University Center Aug. 1, 2019–Jul. 31, 2020.
To submit a request, use this qualtrics form.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Katie Knetzer, Director of the University Center, at email@example.com or 314-246-6978.
Webster University Center Priority Scheduling Guidelines
- All Webster University Departments and registered Student Organizations are eligible to participate in the University Center Priority Scheduling process.
- This process allows for advanced reservations for 2019–2020 for all spaces reserved through the University Center. These spaces include the Sunnen Lounge, Presentation Room, Grant Gymnasium, Athletics Lobby, UC Conference Room, Commons on the upper level, and the Quad.
- Reservations will be made for events occurring August 1, 2019, through July 31, 2020.
- Priority is determined based on a number of factors including but not limited to room availability, resource availability, type of event, and mission-critical nature to the university.
- Submission of a priority request does not guarantee a reservation. Priority is not determined for events until after all requests are received. Confirmations will be sent out in late March once all priority requests are received and reviewed.
- The University Center reserves the right to schedule a request in an alternate but comparable space within the UC if conflicts occur. If a requested date does not appear on the confirmation, no space was available.
- Groups will only be allowed to priority schedule one prime-time reservation (10:30 am–1:30 pm) per week. Additional requests will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis following priority scheduling.
Because of high demand for space, all groups are required to schedule timed delivery and pick-up from external vendors to occur within reserved times.
The Director of the University Center must approve all delivery and pick-up times. In the case that a timed delivery is not available within the scheduled event parameters, groups will be charged $250.00 per calendar day, excluding the day(s) of the event, for storage of rental equipment
This relates to events occurring in all areas of the University Center including but not limited to the Sunnen Lounge and the Grant Gymnasium.
Using this space as part of an event or as a primary programming space will only be granted if:
- all other University Center Upper Level Rooms are able to be reserved at the same time, and
- one of these rooms is set aside to be used for storage of Commons furniture in the event it is to be setup in an atypical manner.
Priority use of this space is given to the Athletics Department of Webster University.
Non-athletic events held in this space require the use of the vinyl floor covering. There is a $50 floor cover fee for campus departments and student organizations. Events that require this floor covering must have a guarantee of more than 100 attendees at the event. Please allow a minimum of 2 hours before and after the event time for placement of the floor cover and cleaning.
Only large-scale campus events are accepted for the Grant Gymnasium through the Priority Scheduling Process. Departmental and student organization weekly reservations and practices must be reserved through regular semester gym scheduling each semester. Gym scheduling opens on August 1 for the Fall semester and on December 1 for the Spring semester
Hours of Operation
If you wish to have an event outside of normal building hours, there is a $20/hour fee to cover staffing costs, payable by departmental transfer. For overnight events (taking place from midnight to 7am), the extra hours fee increases to $30/hour.
During the weeks when undergraduate classes are in session, building hours will be as follows (note that hours are adjusted during break periods):
- Monday – Thursday 7:30am–11pm
- Friday 7:30am–8pm
- Saturday 10am–6pm
- Sunday CLOSED
- Monday - Thursday 6am–11pm
- Friday 6am–8pm
- Saturday – Sunday 10am – 6pm