The WILLOW Project End of the Semester Supplies, Gift Drive
November 21, 2017
This year, the WILLOW Project is sponsoring three single mothers who are in need of supplies and children’s gifts for the holidays.
One of the mothers is a current Webster student, one graduated from Webster in May and is looking for a job, and one is a friend of a current Webster student. All three of them are struggling temporarily to make ends meet and to get back on their feet.
The WILLOW Project will be collecting items, new and gently used, in the WILLOW office in Webster Hall, room 316.
Below is a list of suggested items—all donations are deeply appreciated and welcomed, including gift cards and cash.
Mom #1with three children:
- Girl (age 10) - Size 10/12 tops and bottoms, size 3Y shoes; gifts—Barbie stuff, Barbie car, Barbie house
- Boy (age 8) - Size 8 tops and bottoms, size 3Y shoes; gifts—Hot Wheels race track, Nerf gun
- Boy (age 6) - Size 6/7 tops and bottoms, size 11C shoe; gifts—Legos, Spiderman stuff
- Mom (age 27) - Size 7 junior or 6 women’s petite bottoms, size M or L tops and size 3Y shoes
- Household items - Dish soap, Paper towels, Body wash, Cleaning products
Mom #2 with one infant:
- Girl (age 4 months) - 6-9 months clothes, size 3 diapers; gifts—new baby toys
- Mom (age 23) - size L tops or jackets, size 12/13 pants, shoe size 9 1/2; needs both casual and professional attire
- Household items - Toilet paper, Tampons
Mom #3 with two children:
- Boy (age 7) - size 8 tops and bottoms, hats and gloves; gifts—games: Legos, Star Wars, Superhero toys, Xbox games/Gift cards and Books
- Boy (age 9) - size 10/12 tops and bottoms, hats and gloves; gifts—games: Legos, Star Wars, Superhero toys, Xbox games/Gift cards and Books
- Mom - size S tops, size 6 pants.
- Household items - Gas card, Walmart gift card
Everyday Essentials for all of the families:
- Liquid soap
- Shower gel
- Body lotion
- Hand sanitizer
- Antibacterial wipes
- Disposable razors/Shaving cream
- Gift cards for stores, resturants, movies
- Board games
- Tickect for outings
- Sports equipment for children
- Art supplies for children
For more information, contact Anne Geraghty-Rathert at 314-246-7827. Her office is in Webster Hall, room 317.]
About the WILLOW Project
The WILLOW (Women Initiate Legal Lifelines to other Women) Project focuses on improving the lives of women who have limited access to the justice system because of poverty, oppression, exploitation, violence and another injustices. The WILLOW team is driven to advocate for justice, striving to empower women by providing them with a legal voice and thus encouraging lasting change.