WSA U.S. Extended Campus Professional Development Scholarship Applications
November 21, 2018
The Webster Staff Alliance (WSA) Board is now accepting applications for the U.S. Extended Campus Professional Development Scholarship. The scholarship is designed to bring up to three U.S. extended campus staff members to the home campus in St. Louis to participate in either the Diversity and Inclusion Conference (Feb. 26-28) or the WSA Professional Development Day (March 13).
Applications are due by the extended deadline of Jan. 23.
The objective of the scholarship is to provide U.S. extended campus staff members with an opportunity to connect and engage with the home campus and home campus staff while participating in a professional development opportunity. The scholarship will cover the cost for travel (mileage reimbursement or airfare), lodging, and food.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a staff member must meet the following criteria:
- Employed for Webster University at a U.S. extended campus as a full-time or part-time staff member.
- Employed for Webster University for at least 1 year at the time of the event.
Interested staff members may apply to attend only one event. In order to apply for the scholarship, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- U.S. Extended Campus Professional Development Scholarship Application Form
- Please make a selection on the form indicating which event you would like to attend
- Ensure all required signatures are obtained prior to submittal
- A personal statement of 500 words or less (see below for directions)
As part of the application for the scholarship, staff members must provide a personal statement of 500 words or less that identifies their event of choice and addresses all three of the following questions:
- How will attending the selected event benefit you personally and professionally?
- How will attending the selected event impact your ability to connect across the Webster network?
- How will attending the selected event positively impact your job performance as well as benefit your extended campus and the students at your campus?
Review of applications will take place by the WSA Board. Selection of recipients will be based on the strength of an applicant’s personal statement, an applicant’s ability to address the above questions, and the networking opportunities attendance provide to enhance the recipient and their extended campus. All applicants will be notified of final decisions by mid-January.
More information about Professional Development can be found here.