Biological Sciences Senior Thesis Presentations Dec. 8-10
December 07, 2020
The Department of Biological Sciences in the College of Arts & Sciences invites the Webster University community to attend their student senior thesis presentations across four sessions each day from Dec. 8-10. The talks will take place via Zoom. Contact Nicholas Frank, Department of Biological Sciences representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom info.
Student presenters, schedule and topics of talks:
Session 1: Tuesday, Dec. 8, 9 a.m.
- Dylan Jannin
- Stephen Pearson, Experimental Options to Relieve Lower Back Discomfort in Law Enforcement Officers
- Devan Schenck, Developing Resistance to Lavender Essential Oil in Escherichia coli
- Ashton Kish, Expression of PUB genes in Arabidopsis thaliana when exposed to heat stress
Session 2: Wednesday, Dec. 9, 9 a.m.
- Jessica Battle, Chemistry of the Organic Solid State: From Photoreactions to Molecular
- Emily Buehrle, Increasing Urbanization and the Impact on Local Bee Foraging Strategies
- Cheyenne Davis, A Bone to Pick: Using Felid Skull Morphology as Species Indicator
- Luke Burnham, Anthocyanin Accumulation in Arabidopsis in Response to UV-B Exposure
- Emila Pilipovic, The effect of oregano essential oil on Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus epidermidis
Session 3: Thursday, Dec, 10, 9 a.m.
- Samantha Shaw, Are frog call frequencies impacted by region?
- Rod Jordan, Isolation of Dark Septate Endophytes and the future of Reducing Global Carbon Emission
- Andrew Padilla, The Effects of Carbohydrate and Sugar Intake on a Weighted Ball Velocity Program
- Ajla Miljkovic, Bacterial Diversity in Freshwater Ecosystems
Session 4: Thursday, Dec, 10, 12 p.m.
- Elvisa Mehinovic, Whole New World: Computational Biology
- Mason Justin, Color Vision in Ants
- Cody Dinkins, Does Body Size Variation in Queenless Microcolonies Buffer the Effects of the Pesticide Sulfoxaflor on Dominance Structure
- Kya De La Fuente, Effects of amphetamine on tissue glycogen levels in human muscle and liver cell culture