Gorlok Greats Award Nomination Period Now Open
January 15, 2021
The Webster Staff Alliance encourages all faculty, staff, and students to submit nominations to help recognize the outstanding work of Webster University staff members. Last semester, the Gorlok Greats Committee received a record number of nominations and this semester our goal is to reach over 100 nominations!
The Gorlok Greats Award was created by the WSA to help recognize staff members whose achievements, whether an individual act or sustained effort of exemplary service, relate to Webster University strategies and support the University’s values and mission. The nomination period runs from Jan. 15 through March 1.
Criteria for Recognition
- Contribute to University Mission, Values and Goals
- Positively influence others in working towards departmental or organizational objectives
- Invest time and effort in coaching and/or mentoring
- Develop innovative solutions to business challenges
- Team effort and peer collaboration
- Approach problems as opportunities for growth and learning
- Achieve a desired outcome despite adversity (e.g. limited resources, time constraint)
- Consistently provide high quality, reliable and critical work that, if undone, would halt highly visible operations
- Demonstrate a steady willingness to improve work operations and does so without prompting or fanfare
- Nominations may be submitted by staff, faculty, and students of Webster University for any staff member (Individuals who have been awarded a Gorlok Greats Award are ineligible to receive additional Gorlok Greats Awards)
- This award is open to staff at all campuses, including international campuses
- Nominations are open Jan. 15-March 1 and Aug. 15-Sept. 30.
- There will be up to six awardees for each nomination period
Methods of Recognition
- $500 cash award or equivalent at international campuses
- Special recognition of all Gorlok Great awardees at the annual Faculty & Staff Appreciation Breakfast
- Awardees will be recognized in WebsterToday and the WSA Newsletter